Sonntag, 9. September 2012

Leopard Skittle Nails & Tiny Tutorial

I had these colors selected for some nail art but then my first idea didn't really work out. So when nothing else works, I go for Leopard! But I didn't want to make it too boring, so I did some Skittle nails first and then added the Leopard pattern. I have included a very short "tutorial" at the end of this post.

Leopard Skittle Nails Tutorial

The colors I chose as a base are from left to right: Essie - Mesmerized, Essie - Mint Candy Apple, Essence - Got A Secret and China Glaze - Something Sweet. On my thumb is simple white (Blanc). Then I added the color on the right side of each nail to do the leopard spots. I did them with the brush of each bottle, which works best for me and the leopard. Because those spots don't need to be perfect, in fact they should not be perfect at all. 

Leopard Skittle Nails Tutorial

It's different with the black surroundings of the spots, they take a little bit more effort to create a real leopard look. But even with that effort it's a fast design which has a great effect.

Leopard Skittle Nails Tutorial

So here's my tiny 3-step tutorial, I hope you like it!

Leopard Skittle Nails TutorialI

I was wondering for which kind of design you would like a tutorial? I know tutorials are quite popular and I like doing them, but I'm not sure which design you would like to see. The leopard one is more of an exercise for me, since I guess leopard nails tutorials are all over the web now. So please leave me a comment if you're looking for a tutorial on something I did in the past or even something new you would like me to try. Thanks!

6 Kommentare:

  1. lepard nails are really cute! I haven't tried them myself but I think I will :D
    I love your explanation on how to do a splatter mani using "the sticker" method!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. your nails are really beautiful :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Finde dein Leo-Design sehr süß und tolle Farbkombinationen! Da mir leider das passende "Wekrzeug" fehlt, stempel ich dieses Design immer ;D.

    lg Neru

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Toller Leopard und auch die Farben finde ich sehr stimmig! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. your nails look flawless :) Im a new follower.. x

    AntwortenLöschen

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post, I appreciate it a lot!