Freitag, 15. März 2013

Pink & Black Outlined Nails

Another first time with today's design. I always liked the idea of outlined or framed nails, but I've never tried them because I wasn't sure about the outcome on square shaped nails. I decided to try it anyway and I kind of like it, but they still need some improvement. I used two coats of Essie - Need A Vacation and then started to frame the nails with black acrylic paint and a nail art brush. The first problem is that with this look you will see every mistake. In my opinion, a thinner outline would have looked better, but I wasn't able to do that. The second problem is that I wasn't able to paint it with my weak hand. Duh! And the third problem is that the way I applied the acrylic paint wasn't very smooth and it would have looked better with nail polish (which then again, makes it more difficult to outline the nail). So overall I like the look and my result, but I can do better!




4 Kommentare:

  1. Looks good! I did it the other way round. I first applied the black and after this the other colour. It is also not easy. I had the problem that the black smudged in my colour when I applied the topcoat :(

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I think you did a great job. Much better than would ever manage to do :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I have that problem with acrylic paint too - I read somewhere that it's best to use paint that's as thin as nail polish. These are still super sweet though!

    AntwortenLöschen

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post, I appreciate it a lot!