Freitag, 7. Juni 2013

Deadly Sins Challenge - Day 14: Pride (Lemon Water Marble)

It's the last day of the Deadly Sins Challenge and the second day of Pride. I can't believe how fast these seven weeks went by and a bit sad it's over! I really enjoyed working at this challenge with all the other bloggers and I loved painting my nails based on given themes. The theme of Day 14 says: This is YOUR time! Brag about how good you are at...

Illustrations by: dahlig

Yay, bragging. So I know this will sound weird, because I mentioned this technique in my Wrath week. But actually I decided to 'brag' about Water Marbling, because even if it takes a lot of patience and can sometimes end in a disaster, it is the one technique that I improved the most in. While my first Water Marble was full of air bubbles and incomplete patterns, these days I usually manage to do a consistent and good-looking Water Marble. Then again, this is more a question of practice than of talent. This time I wanted to do a summer inspired marble and I chose white and yellow as my colors. I used two coats of Essie - Blanc as my base and then did the marble with Blanc, Anny - Sunshine In My Heart and China Glaze - Lemon Fizz. On top is one coat of Essence - BTGN Top Sealer. 





You can find all the designs of my Deadly Sins Challenge here. And please check out all the amazing designs by the other participants: 



12 Kommentare:

  1. Das ist schön geworden :-) erinnert mich ein bisschen an das Buttermilch-Zitrone Eis. Water Marbling ist toll und ich muss noch viel üben ...

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Das sieht echt toll aus O_O Wie Zitroneneis mit Vanille'^^

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. This is so awesome. I am soooo loving this color combo. This water marbling looks amazing.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Gorgeous water marble! I love using that technique because it's easy and the results come out lovely. I like how bright this one is :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Oh, how pretty! I love the yellow and the white together, I gotta try that myself.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Great marbling! I think it's one of the most difficult nail art techniques, but you've mastered it! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. this looks so gorgeous, i don't think yellow nail polish gets used enough!

    AntwortenLöschen

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post, I appreciate it a lot!