Freitag, 5. Juli 2013

OPI - San Francisco Autumn/Winter 2013: Dining Al Frisco, Muir Muir On The Wall, Alcatraz...Rocks

For Autumn/Winter 2013 OPI is releasing a collection inspired by San Francisco. They sent me three colors to review and I will show you all of them plus the bottle pictures of the whole collection after the jump. The collection consists of 12 permanent shades and 3 liquid sand shades which are limited. This collection will be available in Switzerland as of 25th of July 2013. 




OPI - Dining Al Frisco
Just feast your eyes on this fresh-air blue!

Dining Al Frisco is a light shimmer blue which is opaque with two coats. It's fast drying and has a good formula. Since this is not a color I would wear often, I couldn't compare this to any other polish except for maybe Essie - Beach Bum Blu, which is more turquoise though. On top is one coat of BTGN Top Sealer.




OPI - Muir Muir On The Wall
This trailblazing plum is the fairest of all.

Muir Muir On The Wall is a shimmer brownish red-purple and again the formula is flawless. I used two coats for an opaque result and one coat of BTGN Top Sealer on top. Since this is probably my favorite shade for autumn, I do have a lot of these in my collection. I swatched three of them next to Muir Muir On The Wall and it is most similar to Essie - Decadent Dish. Ciaté - Silhouette is similar but more saturated and more red-toned while IsaDora - Mulberry Wine is more saturated and more purple-toned. If that makes sense...





OPI - Alcatraz...Rocks (Liquid Sand)
There's no escaping this arresting textured gray.

I was really excited to try one of the original Liquid Sand polishes for the first time, until I realised I already own the exact same polish. P2 - Confidential looks the same, feels the same and applies the same. So I didn't bother swatching Alcatraz...Rocks on its own, it wouldn't have made a difference. The only thing different is that Alcatraz...Rocks dries faster. I used two coats of each and no top coat.





These are all of the shades in the San Francisco collection. You can find more pictures of Dining Al Frisco and a beautiful red called First Date At Golden Gate over at CrimiNail Art


A-Piers To Be Tan / Dining Al Frisco / Haven't The Foggiest

Peace & Love & OPI / Keeping Suzi At Bay / Incognito In Sausalito

Lost On Lombard / I Knead Sour-Dough / Muir Muir On The Wall 
In The Cable Car-Pool Lane / Embarca-Dare Ya! / First Date At Golden Gate

It's All San Andreas's Fault / Wharf! Wharf! Wharf! / Alcatraz...Rocks



3 Kommentare:

  1. Wow, the P2 - Confidential and Alcatraz...Rocks look identical. Identicaly gorgeous! :D

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Den von p2 habe ich hier liegen - muss ich bald tragen!
    Und danke fürs verlinken :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I don't want to think about fall or winter yet, but this collection does look pretty :-)

    AntwortenLöschen

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post, I appreciate it a lot!