Mittwoch, 29. August 2012

Candy Water Marble


Inspired by my recent water marble success I tried various other combinations and one of them is today's Candy Nail design. It resulted from my failure in creating thin lines inside the water bowl. Basically this one is the finer version of my Blue & White Water Marble from last Friday.


Candy Water Marble


I used a white base for this one: China Glaze - Snow. I did it first without the white and it didn't work because my colors didn't pop. For the water marble I used China Glaze - Pool Party and China Glaze - For Audrey. Afterwards I think a brighter mint color would have been better for the marble. So just to describe you roughly what I did to get this marble pattern: I added alternately 4 drops of each color and then dragged the needle from left to right and back until all polish was mixed. I expected to get stripes at this point but I didn't so I just dragged across and got very fine curved lines. I have to admit that I had to do some nails twice because it was quite difficult to get it similar each time. 


Candy Water Marble


On top is one coat of Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat. This one reminds me a lot of Candy Canes and it makes me think of Christmas... haha, yeah well, first comes Halloween, I can wait.


Candy Water Marble


Don't forget, you have until Friday 12am EST to join my 500 GFC Followers GiveawayI can't believe there are 579 Followers today, thank you so much! 

2 Kommentare:

  1. Sieht wirklich wie sweet candy aus :3. Deine Water Marbles finde ich immer wieder klasse, sie sehen so schön und perfekt aus!

    lg Neru

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Gorgeous nails! They remind me of those big colourful lollipops :)

    X

    AntwortenLöschen

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post, I appreciate it a lot!